A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Monday, March 17, 2014

Ceinwen comes to visit



Once again I've invited the voices in my head to come play. Most of them decided to shut up for a change, which didn't help me any. Then I heard someone quiet say she'd talk to me. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was Ceinwen, from my Beauty and the Beast retelling. She isn't usually the most talkative person, though I did capture her story as well as I could for her. So here she is to chat with us.

I do not intend to prattle on like my sisters at those parties they enjoyed. I'm only here because I felt I had an obligation since you did write my story.

I appreciate you taking the time. I know how busy you are these days. Though I don't do more than touch on it in the story, how do you feel about getting your HEA?

It's a lot more work than I thought it would be to be with him. But it's worth it. He loves me as I don't think my family ever did and I know I love him. It's been hard though. You know why.

Yes I do. So have you found a definition of love that fits your thoughts?

Let me ask you this question: what do you think love is?

That's a hard question, Ceinwen.

Yes but it's a valid one.

What do I think love is? I think it's putting someone's needs above your own. Giving what you can without losing yourself. Accepting someone isn't perfect and still be with them.

You're repeating what I think love is.

Can I help it if we share the same view? I'm your author after all. You have to figure what I believe is going to end up in a story somewhere.

This is very true.

So, do you know how your siblings are doing?

They come up to the castle from time to time, as do the others. They're happy in their lives and I'm happy in mine.

I'm glad. I worked hard to give you a HEA.

But it's not a HEA. I mean I'm happy but there are going to be times where we disagree, where we get on each other's nerves, where we will fight. There is no such thing as a HEA.

I agree with you on that one. Life goes on after the end and it's not always going to be perfect. Is there anything you would like to say?

No. I think I've said enough.

All right. I'll let you get back to what you normally do. Thanks for coming to talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment