A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Friday, March 14, 2014

And people wonder why I'm so strange



So, today I sat down and let the voices in my head babble at me. They were all clamoring for attention, to be allowed this opportunity for a real conversation instead of me just vomiting their stories onto the page (no really, that's what a first draft is for me...the stories get better after they've been cleaned up a few times). One voice seemed to get louder than the others so when everything was said and done, I let her take over for a little while so we could talk. This is Fiera Rezouac, called Fury, the main character in the suitably titled “Fury” novella.

Get it over with all ready, will you?

Hey, you're the one who wanted to talk.

It wasn't hard to get your attention. All those drek in your head and none of them are articulate enough to talk to you.

I wouldn't go that far. Remember, there are only a few who come close to having the same tech level or higher than you. The majority of them are medieval era characters.

Who couldn't get anyone to pay attention to them, which is why they're in the messes they got into in those stories that you write.

You're not much better, Fury. Isn't your temper one way of showing you don't get attention?

Fark, now you're turning it back on me. What is your problem?

At the moment? Your attitude. Now, why don't you tell me how your little family is doing?

We're fine. No, miss nosy, I'm not giving you any more details than that. We moved here to get away from all of the scrag heads who were too interested in us and not paying attention to their own lives.

I'm your author, Fury. You should at least be willing to talk to me.

Hey, you finished the story. It's not my problem if you want more than what you wrote.

And this is why no one wants to talk to you.

So, what else do you want to know that I'm not going to tell you?

What made you give in to your father's demands to attend university?

**snort** Have you met my dad? Of course you have. You wrote about him. You tell me how he convinced me to deal with that drek.

That seems to be a favorite word of yours.

Drek? It covers such a broad range of things, mostly people I don't want to deal with.

That doesn't answer my question. You didn't let me get much of an interaction going between you and your dad before you were off to fight someone else. Your dad seems pretty reasonable, if a little stubborn. He also seems to be willing to let you go your own way. So why did you decide to go?

You're not going to let this drop, are you?

No I'm not.

**sigh** Dad made it a point to remind me that if something happened to the colonies, my younger brothers and sisters would get hurt. Phelix was old enough to take care of himself, but what about the kids? I didn't want anything to happen to them. So I let him guilt trip me into going to Bouarus.

What do you really think about Kuen?

That's another one of those topics we're not discussing. I didn't like him when we first met but things are different. Leave it at that.

All right, Fury. Anything else you want to say before you get back to what you were doing?

Yeah, get my story edited a few times and to your beta readers – assuming you find some – and get my story published. I am not going to accept being relegated to a few bytes on your hard drive.

I'll get on that. Thanks for the time, Fury.


Fark. Here we go again. **sound of door slamming and raised voices**

No comments:

Post a Comment