A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday 'fess up...a.k.a. [insert something witty here]

Wittiness is not something I'm very good at.  Holidays were...okay. Got enough gift cards to get us gas & some new clothes, which are much needed, so many thanks to friends and family for that.

Writing...writing...writing...

Ah yes.  Writing! That thing I do when I'm NOT swamped in dealing with real life, Twitchy, and being a total nut case and trying to knit a bunch of Christmas presents in three days.  Well, I did it - and I got some writing done too.

ONLY A NAME is still under revision.  I was told in #writechat today that the process is actually write/revise/edit/proofread so the official name for what I'm doing is revising.  It's all editing to me, so if I keep referring to it as "editing the MS" please understand that I'm just trying to get the damn thing ready to submit/pitch at a writer's convention.  (Yes, I intend to do both next year.)

CRACKED WORLD got cracked open and two pages written on it.  I've hit an impasse with that story so I'm focusing more on ONLY A NAME (dear Flying Spaghetti Monster I need new titles for these stories...LOL).

I've also edited and put up the three stories in a short story arc I wrote some time ago that I'm rather fond of.  They're tied in to the events of ONLY A NAME in the sense they're during the same time period and reference some of the characters/events from the novel.  They're over on my WordPress page.

The Rescue
The Soldier and the Boy
The Pigeon and the Fiddler

I'm probably going to end up revising the timeline a little in these once I finish ONLY A NAME, to make them fit in a little better once I've completely established the chain of events in the novel.  But those will be small edits.  I'm always happy for C&C, so if you'd care to leave a comment I'd love to hear what you think.

That's it for this week's 'fess up.  New vlog will probably be coming some time in the next week (I'm REALLY curious to see how well I can do those.)  Another 'fess up next Sunday as usual.  And maybe even another short up at the Dragon's Lair on WordPress.  *waves*  See y'all next week!

2 comments: