A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday 'fess up....a.k.a. Anni's in trouble

Hoo boy.  I posted about my goals and asked you guys to keep me honest.  Well, I'm being honest.  This first week of me trying to take care of these goals...is a failure.

I haven't been able to get anything done with the seasonal pieces.  ONLY A NAME is sitting there looking forlornly at me, although I did manage to get a page of edits done.  I didn't even open CRACKED WORLD.  And I haven't been very good about tweeting positive things.

I can say that one good thing happened this week - I got a 5 day weekend.  I don't go back to work on Tuesday, and I'm getting paid for 2 of them.  (Two days vacation, regular weekend, and a "volunteer" day where I volunteered to take it off unpaid because they got overstaffed.)

Another good thing that happened is I got my Sims 3 game to work, and redownloaded all my purchases from the store.  I discovered I've been playing since June of '09 with that game.  At least, that's when I made my first store purchases.  I've got World Adventures to also load in but with all the trouble it caused me I'm holding off on that until I get my own computer again.

So while this week was mostly a failure, I have high hopes for the next week.  I'm going to get something done on either the shorts or ONLY A NAME, and I WILL tweet something positive every day.

Keeping this short so I can get back to writing.  Going to put some hours into ONLY A NAME, and if the inspiration strikes for the shorts I might work on them instead.

2 comments:

  1. Baby steps... you'll get to where you want to be. Just don't sweat it or it'll become like a diet... lots of cheating and no vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...working Sims and no WIP progress? I wonder if there could be a correlation.

    Naw.

    *shakes a tuna at you in a threatening manner* Write! Write!

    ReplyDelete