2010 has SUCKED. At the end of 2009 and for the first few months of 2010, my life was pure hell. I lost pretty much everything and some very well loved people left my life for a very long time. There is a chance that 10-20 years down the line we'll meet again. I don't know...I can't predict the future. I'm not a psychic, I don't have a crystal ball - and believe me, I DON'T want that job. I'd make a lousy Oracle.
BUT...as I was thinking about 2010 I came to realize that in spite of my depressed maundering, this year wasn't all bad. I made a bunch of new friends - both IRL and on Twitter/Facebook/Blogger. *waves to everyone in the virtual world* I was able to reconnect with a couple old friends I'd lost touch with through IM. I've made huge strides in my writing and with some personal projects of my own. I've emerged out of my shell and tried some new things.
For 2011, my goals are pretty simple.
- Finish revisions, edits, and polishing ONLY A NAME by June so I can pitch it at Mayhem in the Grove and start querying it.
- Get my query letter written and polished by June so I'm not totally embarrassed when I set out to query my novel.
- Polishing some of my shorts and either publishing them as mini-ebooks or doing a full on anthology and e-publishing it by the end of April.
- Lose another 20 lbs so I can reach my goal of losing 60 lbs by the end of 2012.
- Learn how to use my DPNs and my crochet hooks.
- Crochet an afghan for my bed and a shawl for me.
- Knit fingerless gloves for myself.
- Continue with my social networking and get to know all my online friends a little better.
- Keep my job and possibly try for a different position within the company if one opens up.
- Finish writing CRACKED WORLD, and get the revisions started by the end of 2011.
- Work enough overtime to save up enough money to move into our own place by the end of 2011.
I know those seem like a lot of goals, but for me, they're doable. Mostly it's 'KEEP WRITING YOU IDIOT!', 'WORK YOUR ASS OFF AND GET YOUR OWN PLACE SO YOU CAN STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR TWITCHY ROOMMATE', and 'KEEP MOVING FORWARD WITH THE PERSONAL IMPROVEMENTS'. Along with a little 'KEEP THOSE CRAFTY FINGERS WORKING WITH YARN' so I stay in practice.
Hope everyone has a fun night and I wish everyone success and happiness in 2011.
And to end this post...a couple music videos I love.
SKILLET - Hero
SKILLET - Monster
SKILLET - Awake and Alive
WITHIN TEMPTATION - Overcome