A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Death to 2013, Welcome 2014

Last year was not one of the most pleasant years I've had. I started having seizures. I spent quite a lot of time in the hospital. I had to change a bunch of medicines multiple times before I found something that would help me, and I'm still not sure about one round of meds. I'll have to wait and see if they keep working. I started having sleep issues where I didn't get much sleep during the night. I got that taken care of too finally. Himself and I started having worse problems than we were having before, a lot of which came from lack of reasonable communication on my end. We're working on that now.

I don't do New Year's resolutions. I look at those as promises you intend to break. Instead I set goals each January and try not to forget them during the year. My first goal is to continue with my improvement on the communication between Himself and I. We used to do a lot better than we do now, and I want to get that back.

My second goal is to finish and query Marked. I've been working on this story long enough. I want to complete a viable first draft by the end of January. Edit it in February. Get it out to beta readers (anyone interested in being one? I need some.) in March. Make more edits in April. Get it back to beta readers in May. Do a final edit in June. Let it sit until August. Pull it out and make more edits then. Start writing the synopsis and query letters in September and October. Get them read and edited by other people to make sure they look good. Read the Query Shark archives to get some ideas. November send out my first wave of queries and participate in NaNoWriMo. December continue work on my new novel as I wait for news from the agents I submit to.

It's an ambitious year but I think I can do it. I'd love your help if anyone wants to beta read or be a copy editor for me for some of my goals this year, if you would like to do it. I know it'll be a lot of work and I'll really need to focus to get to each of my goals. But I am determined to do this.

Happy New Year everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment