A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Writing Wednesday - Stop fighting about print books and e-books


This was shared by Joelle Casteel on Facebook on Tuesday. She shared it from Elizabeth Marx's page. I shared this as well once I realized that yes, I agreed with this. A book is a book no matter what form it's in. I'll read anything that's given to me in the genres I prefer, and even sometimes outside of my preferred genres.

Books were my best friends when I was growing up. The stories I read inspired me to write my own. I loved telling stories and would tell my little sister stories. I would tell children I babysat stories. Stories were my escape. I read them, I wrote them, I told them. They became my life.

Then I grew up and got a grown up job and had a grown up life. But I still read. I still loved a good story. I preferred reading to being with friends most of the time. So when I had free time, I'd read a lot of it. Don't get me wrong. I did grown up things and went out and had fun with friends too. But most of the time you would find me with a book in my hands.

Now, it's different. I no longer have a regular job. I get to pursue my writing full time. I'm working towards getting paid to tell my stories. But I still read. I don't have money to buy many books but I can and do download them for free off of Amazon. I've discovered some new writers that way whose books, when I have money to purchase things, will be among the first ones I get because I'm interested in seeing how things are going to play out with their characters.

I used to be one of those who favored printed books over e-books. Now I don't care what form it's in. If it's a good story and I can read it, let me read it. I don't think one is necessarily better than the other. I think it's all a matter of convenience and preference.

1 comment:

  1. I used to prefer print over ebooks, but then hubby got me a kindle and I got a chance to read ebooks and found I don't mind them. It's nice to think I can travel and bring a ton of books in one slim device.

    ReplyDelete