A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday 'fess up - Anni had a normal week

There's not much to report on this week. Himself and I had a few spats but nothing out of the ordinary. I started working on Cracked World. I'm still waiting on my beta readers to see what they think of my two short stories so I can get them edited and out there for publication.

Himself raised a very good point yesterday, one that's stuck with me since our discussion. He asked me what the goals of my characters were and why they were following those goals. Marked had a fairly cut and dry premise. So does Cracked World. But Burning Dreams, Shifting Sands, and the as yet untitled third book in that arc don't have such a clear idea as to what the reason behind the goal is. So before I actually sit down to rewrite Burning Dreams and write the other two, I need to identify the goal and how to get there. I also need to identify why my characters are doing what they're doing and how they got involved in the story in the first place.

I've made the decision to go back to the evil day job. I've been on permanent disability for a few months now and I realized as many problems as I have, I can't not work at a regular job. It's like part of my identity is missing. I need the benefits anyhow so I'm going back to work. Probably starting at the beginning of September.

That's about it I think for this week. Make sure you check back often for my regularly scheduled blog posts.







No comments:

Post a Comment