A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Friday, September 17, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day 7

7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?


I listen to whatever I have free.  Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I listen to anime (Japanese language only - English is a distraction), sometimes I listen to movies or tv series playing.  It all depends on what I'm writing, what my mood is, which WIP I'm dealing with, and which characters I'm focusing on.

When I listen to music, I listen to Within Temptation, Nightwish, Taylor Swift, movie/game/Broadway musical soundtracks, and some international stuff by Namie Amuro - among others.  My playlist isn't very broad these days since I lost a good chunk of my music when our old computer crashed.  But what I have works for now.

I'm hunting for music that, to me, expresses my characters.  I haven't found much of anything yet.  I'm eventually going to create soundtracks for my books to listen to while I write.  I'm just waiting until I can acquire more music.

There are those days where I want absolute silence because I don't want anything to break the mood.  On those days NOTHING is played while I write.  But most of the time I need some kind of background noise or I tend to lose focus and wander off to do other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment