A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday 'fess up...Himself had a proposal we're finding hard not to accept

This week Himself got the news he'd lost his job.  Which was to be expected since he's been out of work for the last month or so.  We were discussing his options, and how we were going to pay to send him back to school, when he got an offer from a friend we're having a hard time refusing.

This offer is of a job working as an automobile technician.  He'd have to go to southern California and live there for a while without me.  At least until we could get our debt paid down and find a place together down there.  This does scare me a little.  But this is the best opportunity we've had in a very long time, and this time we mean to take it instead of letting it go by without taking a chance.

We've been at rock bottom for a few years now.  This opportunity may be the rope that will carry us out of the hole and into the light.  At least, that's what we're hoping.  Himself will check out the place at the end of May/beginning of June and we'll know then if it's going to work out or not.  The guy who offered him the job is going to take him down to SoCal with him and then fly him home if things don't work out.

On the writing front, I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like.  However, I got the beta of my Beauty and the Beast rewrite back.  That story has several issues but they're all going to be easily fixed.  At least, I hope they will.  I never know with revisions if they're going to be easy or not.

Health issues are still going on.  They're going to be going on for the foreseeable future.  We're just playing everything by ear right now.  That's how it's going to have to be played.

Vlog is done as usual.  This week's a little long and I blather on about hope.  But I think this week's is an okay one.  It's certainly more focused than the last few have been.




1 comment:

  1. I hope things work out for you guys. My husband and I lived apart off and on for over three years due to work and school. It sucks, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

    Remember to factor in the incredibly high cost of living in California when you evaluate options. I nearly took a job there because they offered me twice my current salary, but a studio apartment near the job cost $1800 per month. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete