A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Friday, January 23, 2015

Stranded on an island with books

I stole this post idea from Patricia Lynne the other day. If I was stranded on an island, what ten books would I want to have with me?

1)
Les Miserable by Victor Hugo
Why? It's a long book, I enjoyed reading it, and it would help pass a great deal of time. I need something to keep me entertained until I'm rescued.

2)
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Why? It was a gripping tale and it could give me ideas on how to survive.

3) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Why? If I'm going to have the first one, I want the second and third as well.

4)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Why? See my answer to number 3.

5)
Child of the Ghosts by Jonathan Moeller
I love Caina's spirit and of all the books he's written since this first one, this is still my favorite.

6)
Ghost in the Flames by Jonathan Moeller
This is the other favorite of Caina's adventures.

7)
The Skewed Throne by Joshua Palmatier
Varis is a fascinating character, and you get to see the book split into two different points of view. One is third person, telling what led her up to something. The other chapters are first person, dealing with her doing what the third person chapters are leading her to.

8)
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Why? I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes I find his stories engaging. I love his way of deduction. The first time I read them I was thrilled with the explanations of how he got to the conclusions he did.

9)
The Illiad by Homer
Why? Why not? I've only read it once and I loved it then. It's a classic, and it wouldn't hurt to catch up on my classics again.

10)
The Complete Works of Shakespeare by William Shakespeare
Why? My mom had a copy of this book. It held all of his plays. I love Shakespeare so it would be fun to have the book. I could keep myself entertained by acting out the plays by myself.

Go read Patricia's list or do this for your own blog. Share the link with me in the comments, or post your answers in the comments if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment