A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Monday, February 9, 2015

Netflix addiction

I've got a confession to make. I've been slacking on my writing lately. Not for any important reason. But because I've been watching Netflix.

I run a linux machine. Ubuntu, if you're curious. And for the longest time Netflix didn't work with it. But now, with the most recent update, Netflix works and now I have a new distraction.

What's funny is I have a long list. Much of the things on the list are things like Once Upon a Time, Bones, CSI:NY, and Sherlock to name a few. But what I'm watching isn't those things. I'm watching documentaries and educational programs.

The new Cosmos is on Netflix in its entirety. I've watched all but two episodes of that. I've watched several documentaries on the life in the oceans. I've been satisfying my history desires with documentaries on various things. I have indulged my interest in forensics. In short, I've found myself enjoying many things on Netflix.

It does make it difficult for me to write if I continue watching things. So I've limited myself to two hours watching Netflix. Though I will admit I've watched a few of the things enough that they're background noise for me now.

So, now it's time to get back to the writing. After I watch one more episode of A Blue Planet. ;)

1 comment:

  1. LOL a 2 hour limit... maybe I need to do that with "Chopped." Seriously though I think we authors sometimes need to recharge ourselves. I hear Johnnie 5 crying out for more imput :D.

    ReplyDelete