A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Friday, August 29, 2014

Ramblings on writing (with a little real life thrown in for good measure)

You may have noticed my lack of posts this week. That's because I've decided to drop down to three posts a week. It's going to be easier on me right now so I can focus more on writing Marked and getting it done by October 1st, which as you may remember from an earlier post is my current writing goal. I'm having a hard time with it right now so I figured I'd do something to give myself more time to work on it.

I'm also not happy with the way Marked is going. I want to write darker fantasy, somewhat similar to what GRRM writes. Not as epic as his stuff is. I don't want to confuse my readers with that many POVs. Not to mention I'm not nearly good enough a write to pull that off at this time. (Who knows what can happen in the future?) But Marked is once again turning out to be too light and fluffy for what I want. I know what I want, I just can't seem to produce it yet. I'm starting it over, which means moving my goal out to November 1st. Which is pushing it a little because I do want a little break before NaNo this year.

So my new goal is to get this new version finished by the third week of October. I know I can do it. I completed almost 100k in one month last year (November, for NaNo...I'd have hit it too except for health problems). So I'm putting my entire effort into getting this new idea for Marked off the ground and into a finished first draft form by October 25th.

Himself and a co-worker are discussing a possible business venture. They'll both continue working where they are for the time being. But they're going to see about creating a line of niquid (the liquid used in the vaping e-cigarettes commonly referred to as 'vapes'...at least around here they are) to sell. They're also going to do some other things, but that's the first step. I don't know how well that's going to turn out but we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry for the more personal nature of this post. I'll be back to my normal rambly self next Monday. Maybe. I hope. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment