A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Monday, August 11, 2014

Dream house

One of these days I'm going to have my own place again, with my own fridge and freezer. I don't mind sharing. It's just that there are a few things I'd like to do that I'd need more space for. One of which is making large quantities of food and freezing leftovers for later.

I enjoy cooking for the most part. But there are days where I just don't want to stand over the stove. Popping something in the microwave is easy. So is going out to dinner. But the microwave option, unless it's leftovers, is expensive and full of salt because you're buying prepackaged. Going out to dinner is expensive and possibly full of salt as well. Neither of those are good options if you're trying to eat a little healthier.

I would love to have a crock pot again. Make large crock pot meals and store the leftovers. Or make a huge pot of soup or stew. Or make my chicken enchiladas. I make a lot of food with those enchiladas for two people to eat.

I saw something go around Facebook a while back that I know I shared but it's going to be next to impossible to find it on my feed again because of the fact that it was a long time ago and I've made a lot of posts and shared a lot of things since then. But it was 45 crock pot meals to put in the freezer. Everything was all set. All you had to do was dump them in the crock pot with the liquid needed for the recipe and you were done. Everything was all prepped ahead of time. I'd love to be able to do that too.

I must sound like I'm complaining, and I may be a little. I like my roommates and couldn't ask for a better option when we needed to move in a hurry. But it's a nice dream to have one's own home when one has spent the better part of three years sharing a home (and a bathroom) with other people. (Two years in Kuna, one year in house of hell, and 4 months in our current situation).

If I could have my dream home, it would have three bedrooms – one to sleep in and two for offices. A big kitchen with a gas range and oven. It would have one of those French door fridge/freezer combos as well as a chest freezer somewhere else, maybe the garage. It would have a good sized pantry so I could can and store food. The living room wouldn't have to be that big, but large enough for a nice couch and a recliner or two. Maybe a TV set with satellite TV, though I really don't know about that. Himself and I have lived a long time without TV and there are only a handful of things we'd like to see that we can't find on Netflix.

In the kitchen, I'd have a large collection of pots and frying pans. I'd have a crock pot, an electric skillet/fry pan/whatever you call it, a grill pan, and a Kitchen Aid mixer. I'd have storage space for all of my ingredients for things, and I'd have room to bake and cook without feeling cramped. My appliances and the sink would be stainless steel and I'm still debating what I want for counter tops. I'd have a good set of sharp knives too. I won't need that many dishes, since it's still just the two of us.

I'd like a nice sized backyard where I could keep a dog. I'd like space in my living room to put a cat tree so Reidar and possibly a second cat could climb and be comfortable. In the master bedroom I'd like a huge bathroom. One with a separate tub and shower. I'd like the tub to be a Jacuzzi or something similar while I'd like the shower to be big and have multiple heads.

I want to be able to put in a vegetable garden somewhere in the back. I'd love to be able to have fresh vegetables straight from my garden. I want a three car garage with room for two cars and the third area for storage. Also as I said have the chest freezer out there.

How about you? What is your dream home like? Do you live in it? Or would you like to own it one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment