A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Views on humor

There was a video linked on Saturday that I was reluctant to watch. I've been having rotten luck this week, finding things that make me cry (and not in a good way). But I took a chance anyway. I cracked up. The video is a German quartet of female musicians who use humor in their acts.



This made me look at some other things. I'm a fairly serious person. I have a sense of humor, but it's not very noticeable if you know me. I just don't find things funny all that often. Himself tries to get me to laugh by having me watch movies he thinks are funny. By about halfway through I want to put my earbuds in and listen to my favorite podcast or music.

My favorite podcast KUEC (here's my review of Kevin and Ursula Eat Cheap) is funny to me. The jokes are off color and can be crude at times. But the odd thing is what I find amusing with them I hate in other comedians and movies.

Here's the full definition of humor. Humor is different for everyone. The things one person finds funny others don't. Some people can find something to laugh about in everything. Others pick and choose what they find amusing. Then there are the people who laugh at inappropriate times. It all depends on a person's point of view.

What makes you laugh? How do you feel about humor?

2 comments:

  1. I like off color and crude (as long as it doesn't cross over into being only offensive). There are some people who don't like it, and that's fine, as long as they don't act like they're somehow better than those who do. Like you say, it all depends on your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get how people find things that are truly offensive funny, but I also don't go out of my way to tell them they're wrong. It's their decision. As long as they don't try to force it on me when I say I'm not interested I won't say anything about it.

      Delete