A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Monday, September 22, 2014

Miscellany

Today is going to be random thoughts that I come up with while writing. It's a good exercise for modified stream of consciousness. I'm not going to write everything I think because some of them are not fit for public consumption.

I am a crazy cat lady in training. I only have Reidar, but I want more. Not too many because even I would have a problem with taking care of more than three cats all the time. But I'd like to be a foster home for injured or abandoned cats that shelters are trying to rehome. Or are too young to stay at the shelter because they need around the clock care. That way I could get my kitten fix without bringing them all home to stay. Himself isn't too sure about that idea though. :-)

I've taken to writing with my music with lyrics because I find it easier to ignore. When I take a break I can listen to my favorite songs and even make them repeat a few times. Then I get back to work and tune out the music. I find it fairly simple to do that.

I finished the first draft of Marked. It's definitely shit but it's done. I can adjust it as I feel like. I'm still thinking of taking a part of the book and writing a second one. I'm not sure where the second one would go since I originally planned on Marked to be a standalone. At least two of my books are standalones. Though one of them is loosely connected to a part of the stories I write later in the timeline. I'm not sure how I'm going to work it all out yet.

I still need to figure out what I'm going to work on for NaNoWriMo this year. I'm not sure what I want. I'm trying to figure it out early enough that I can work out character backgrounds and personalities in a method far better than just completely pantsing it again. I sort of did that with Marked, even though I deviated from them in certain places, which I will probably have to go back and fix. But I'm debating writing Marked's sequel or the book that takes place chronologically after it. Or not even work on fantasy but on one of my many other sci fi stories.


I will be glad when fall gets here. We're still having hot temperatures. It was in the 90s last week and according to the weather report we're going to stay in the upper 80s and low 90s for a little while longer. I know we're a desert but you'd think we'd get a break from the heat by now. I'm watching the weather websites with great trepidation as I wait for the consistently cooler temperaters. We had four days where we were in the low to mid 70s, which was perfect for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment