A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hobbies


How many of you love to cook? I do. I'm better with baking than cooking, but I'm learning how to make decent meals with limited ingredients. I have fun experimenting. Sometimes they turn out great. Other times...not so much. The most recent ones were a balsamic chicken dish that turned out reasonably good and a pot of black beans that turned out nasty. The beans didn't get eaten for leftovers while the balsamic chicken stuff did.

Sunday night, I attempted chicken quesadillas. They were food, and I thought they turned out okay. Yes it was another experiment because I had to figure out how to season the chicken and get it into the quesadillas evenly. It was fun though.

Cooking is only one of my passions. I love reading and writing. I like taking walks, though this is new. I enjoy knitting and crocheting, though I will have to rebuild my stock of yarn and needles/hooks since I abandoned all of it when we moved this last time. I'm fascinated by history and do a lot of research on it.

Hobbies are great. They help you relax, unwind, and take you away from the stress of your every day life and into a world of comfort. They can take intense concentration, they can be physically demanding, but they still have worth because they are something that you enjoy.

I love my hobbies. I have an easier time with reading, writing, and cooking – though I don't get too much baking done these days – than I do with the others. But I take time every day to do what I enjoy. It makes me happier and helps me get out of my depression and makes me feel better.

What about you? What are some of your hobbies?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not much on cooking, but I will happily move in with you and eat anything you bake :P

    Really, I like sewing and cross-stitching things in my spare time. Plus video games, which are my passion after reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to play video games but don't do that much any more. My favorite one for some reason was the Sims games. Sims 2 was my favorite of the franchise, but Sims 3 was fun. I like cross-stitch too, though my skill level with it is rather sad. I just haven't had much of a chance to practice.

      Delete
  2. Well, my day job is cooking and, now, a little baking as well, so I'm not sure I can call that a hobby. I still do it at home for fun, but hubby doesn't eat much of it, so I can't do it often. I also have a business license for my crafts, but knitting and jewelry making is still more of a hobby since I'm not raking in profits (working on it though. Businesses take time to build and I think I figured out my niche.) I especially love knitting because it sucks the stress out of me. You can usually tell when I'm stressed out by how much I'm knitting (or playing Tetris Blitz.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says he can always tell when I'm upset about something because I either bury myself in the kitchen or a book. Lately it's been in books because of budget issues, but I get to have fun with the cooking sometimes.

      Delete