A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sunday 'fess up...Anni's a little dizzy

Okay, not a LITTLE dizzy.  I'm A LOT dizzy.  We're talking out blacking out because of the dizziness type of dizzy.  Luckily I haven't blacked out since Tuesday, but I did that rather spectacularly in the women's restroom at work after having done it for about 10 minutes at my desk.  People around me thought I'd just dozed off at my desk, which I do have a tendency to do.  But I wasn't asleep.  I'd passed out.  Yeah, my co-workers aren't the brightest crayons in the box.

I'm off work until we either stop this completely or at least come up with a viable treatment plan for this.  Motion sickness pills only help a little.  And that's what I was told to take.  I was also told to take Valium but I won't take that unless I absolutely have to.  It knocks me out and makes me even loopier than normal.  It's designed to make me not care about anything and to sleep it off.

Sitting up to write is difficult, so I've taken to curling up on the bed and writing from a mostly lying down position.  This presents a few challenges - not the least of which is a laptop that falls over if I've got it on my legs.  But it works and I can write somewhat comfortably while I wait for the dizziness to pass.

I haven't gotten much done this week, but I have gotten a few things done.  I got the second chapter of The Fallen up on WordPress.  I'll make sure the links to that and my other story from Monday are at the end of this.  I've also finally figured out how to work with Cracked World so now I'm making progress on it again.  Slow but there's progress.  I keep wanting to crack Only A Name but I've made myself wait.  It needs a little longer to simmer before I go attack it again.

For Earth Hour, I turned off my bedroom light and tried to write by candlelight.  I don't know if that kicked the Muses into high gear or what but Cracked World suddenly started cooperating.  I may have to do the "writing by candlelight" thing again.

Picked up Fiction Writer's Workshop on Saturday.  I'm going to use some of the exercises for Writing Wednesday posts.  I'm not going to copy all the exercises in the book but I will use those ones that I find particularly useful.

I did do some reading and found out something interesting: statistically speaking, fantasy short stories are a lot harder to sell than science fiction short stories.  I found that bit of news very interesting and wonder how true it is.  I certainly haven't had much luck on selling my short stories.  Of course, I haven't submitted any of them within the last month.  I got tired of finding rejection letters in my email and my snail mail.

Posted the usual stories for Monday and Friday.  Links are here as always.  If you do go read them, please leave me a comment.  Even if it's just to say "Hi I've been here".  It'll make it so I want to continue posting.

The Soldier and the Boy
The Fallen - Ch 2

Vlog is done, as always.  I babble a bit about various things including this past week and my upcoming birthday. It's in May, and Himself and I had a long talk about what I wanted.  It's all very simple and I mention it in the vlog.  If you're that curious, you'll just have to watch the vlog to find out.







2 comments:

  1. Yikes, that dizziness sure sounds scary! No surprise to me that motion sickness meds won't cut it. I sure hope they can find what's causing it and 'turn it off.' =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyiyi!!! I hope you figure it out soon and feel better!


    And sadly, it is true that science fiction stories sell better than fantasy. Partly that's because science fiction short stories have been around practically since the creation of the genre, so there's a lot of history and tradition behind it.

    Also, the market is smaller for fantasy stories. There are a lot of magazines that just take science fiction, and few that take only fantasy. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete