A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Writing Wednesday - Introducing Captain Eve Marcori

Welcome once again to Writing Wednesday!  This week, I've enlisted a member of her crew to bring us a most enigmatic woman for our interview.  *looks around impatiently*  I told Mikey to bring her here.  Where is he?

*door opens and three people come staggering in*

--Mikey, there you are.  What the hell?


Mikey: Heyla. Got the Bitch here, but she's a mite drunk. Sorry 'bout that.
Marcori: Where's the Marines?
Whizz: I want to state for the recording that I had no idea this was going to happen, and I'm only staying to prevent the captain from...from saying anything she'll later kill me for letting her say.

--Captain Marcori, I notice you brought some friends with you.  How did you meet them?

Marcori: Marines.
Whizz: Actually we met in a barfight after we'd both left the Corps.
Mikey: Met t' Bitch in Basic. She kicked my ass first day. Bit me too.

--So, Captain, what made you decide to join the Marines in the first place?

Marcori: Needed money--I couldn't steal enough to keep Kentaro safe. Could've joined a House gang, but they mostly end up dead. Marines was the only ones ever won anything in Kari's Port.

--When you rescued Rafe, what was going through your mind?

Marcori: Booze.
Mikey: Ye're lyin, Bitch. Ye was the only Marine sober.
Marcori: Yeah, and I was wishin' I wasn't! Sooner I got rid of the fluff, sooner I could get to the drinking. Then the damned bug-out sounded, and I was stuck with him.
Mikey: Bitch here's the only Marine ever to whine about havin' t' keep a pretty in her bed.
Whizz: I think I should point out that the captain doesn't actually drink much. It's very rare for her to--
Marcori: Y'all need too damned much babysitting, that's why. I get drunk, one of you'll manage to get dead.

--When you had to face your court martial, were you sorry you'd made the decisions you did?

Mikey: Ha! Bitch don't regret nothing. 'Cept that bet with Birdie.
Eve: Knew damned well stealing that ship would get me court-martialed. How'm I gonna whine that's what happened?
Whizz: Captain Marcori always does the right thing, no matter wh--
Eve: What the hell do you know? Weren't even born yet.
Mikey: Yeah he was. Still chasing the goats 'round the farm, though.

--What's it like being the captain of your own ship?

Marcori: Ship's fine. Crew's a pain in the ass.
Mikey: Love ye too, Bitch.

--You still have a tendency to rescue people.  Is there something specific about them that makes you want to rescue them?

Marcori: Nothing on them. I made a promise. Katana picked me up, I pass it on.

--What do you really think of Taro and Rafe being together?

Marcori: Doc says shut up and stay out of the way. Doc's pretty damned smart.

--You're permanently attached to Ben.  What first attracted you to him?  Was he another one of your rescuees?

Marcori: Twink told me he'd fall out an airlock without a keeper, so I picked him up.Then one time I yelled at him, and the man stood toe to toe and yelled back. Not many men'd do that.
Mikey: Not many'd live t'do it again, neither. He's lucky he's pretty.

--Why haven't you settled down?  Why are you still flying with your rather...rambunctious...crew?

Marcori: H-space. Nobody can effing bug me in h-space.

--What was Taro's mother really like?

Marcori: Like him. Only honest.

--One last question: Did you know that this is recording and we're sending a copy of it to Taro?

Marcori: ...did you know I shoot people?

--*eyes Marcori nervously* O-kay.  Thanks for coming, Captain Marcori.  Mikey, I'll leave it to you to get her back to the ship safely.
___________________________________

If you'd like to know more about K.D. Sarge's characters, go here, follow the links, and purchase a copy of Knight Errant which is out now, and keep your eyes open for His Faithful Squire (coming in August).  Please help support an indie author in her endeavors.  Also, take a chance and go follow our author @KDSarge on Twitter.  She won't bite...well, not hard, at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment