A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday 'fess up...HOO BOY, Anni had a bad writing week

Okay, I'll be honest.  I flopped this week for writing.  60.5 hours of work will do that to you though.  I've been flat out exhausted since Wednesday.  By yesterday I was ready to fall on my face.  I did get a teeny bit of stuff done - and I've managed to maintain my blog posts - but for the most part NOTHING got worked on.

Today, however, I've made some real progress on Only A Name.  You can see a bit of one of the early chapters in my Sample Sunday post.  I'm going to try to find some artwork to help me picture the characters better.  My only problem is Sorcha is a dusky/dark complected woman.  She's got the Indian (from India) look and do you know how HARD it is to find fantasy art featuring women of some other color than either chocolate brown or mayonnaise white?  Ugh...

This week's WW will be another featuring characters from K.D. Sarge's books Knight Errant and His Faithful Squire.  By the way, if you're a writer and want me to feature your characters on my blog in one of my WW posts please let me know.  I'll send you a list of questions to answer for the interview.

FFF will be another ethnic post.  I love Asian food in general (Vietnamese, Thai, and Korean as well as Chinese and Japanese) so I'll be doing a few posts on those.  Then I'll probably move on to German and Italian, which made up a lot of what I ate growing up.  Maybe even some stuff on Southern cooking, since my Gramma (dad's mom) cooked a LOT of it, up until Grampa got sick and she had to change his diet fast.

I'm still working overtime but not as much, so hopefully I'll get even more done on the writing front by next week.  I'm debating on which out of state con I'm going to go to - since Himself says he'll help me foot the bill for ONE - but I think I'm leaning towards DragonCon this year.  Which means not only do I have to get the money to get there, for the hotel, and for the con...I need a costume.  (Only reason I'm focusing on this one is because, health permitting, one of my Writing Idols is going to be there this year - ANNE MCCAFFREY.  If you haven't read any of her books, I recommend her Pern books and the FT&T/Rowan books.)  So, wish me luck.  I have to get the time off from work, the money saved, and a costume made by September...and we're in the process of house hunting too.  Wheeeee!

Vlog is done.  It's more focused than last week's but it's a little more depressing this week.


And one more video...just because I can.  It's based on the anime Soul Eater, but it's done to Marilyn Manson's cover of "This Is Halloween".

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Anni!

    It was so great to talk to you the other day on the phone. You are a great friend. Yes, we are going through some shit right now, but it will get better! Thank you so much for being a great friend.

    Hang in there, hon.

    XXX
    Love Ya
    Rach

    ReplyDelete