A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday 'fess up...Anni's week has been okay

Before I start my 'fess up, I want to bring something to your attention.  Rachel - aka Go Go Rach - needs help.  She's in a very rough spot.  I know how it is.  I've been there.  There's a donate button up at the top of her blog.  She's not into begging, but she really does need some help right now.  I'm broke until next Friday, when - as long as I have bills paid - I'm hoping to be able to help her out with something.  In the mean time, go help her.  She's helped a lot of people, is on the threshold of helping so many more - but now it's time for others to help the lady warrior that is Rachel (@gogorach).

In writing, I broke 220 pages in Only A Name for revisions.  Only about 100 or so more to go, and a number of scenes to cut and/or rewrite.  But I'm making progress.

Had a couple of new characters wander in.  First is a mostly deaf empathic visionary named Kimberly Anne Fairchild.  An 'empathic visionary' is one who sees through the emotional residue left behind when something big happens (like a murder, a huge party, etc.).  The other is named Amelia.  Amelia is a lady in a sci fi world kind of reminiscent of Dune - kind of a medival society in a sci fi universe type thing.  I know she's kicked out of her home by her father, has an older sister named Damaris, and ends up as the wife/queen of a group of space pirates.  How she gets there I don't know.  I also know Kimberly has overbearing parents who ignored her hearing loss and tried to make her behave like a "normal" child, hates asking them for help, and is extremely independent.  Both of these ladies are on hold until I get Only A Name done though, as I need to finish the revisions before I start yet another round of projects.

Got the vlog done as usual.  I realized today that I've been vlogging now for 10 weeks.  I think my last two vlogs have kind of fallen short of what I set my standard to but I think this newest one is better than the last two.  As always, here's the vlog post I did.



And now a couple of fun videos for the heck of it.





That's it for this week's blog.  The FFF post is on temporary hiatus.  I barely have time right now to do my Wednesday and my Sunday posts.  I'm going to continue with my foreign foods theme eventually, picking up with other Asian foods.  It'll just be a few weeks before I get back to them.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. Anni! YOU ARE A SWEET FRIEND! I love you so much! *hugs* So much is going on right now for me. I appreciate your mention of my situation. I'm navigating in waves. I will keep ya posted!

    TIGHT HUGS

    ReplyDelete