A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Maundering - #Tagyoureit #bloghop

I was tagged by my lovely friend Joelle Casteel (WARNING: her blog is 18+ due to BDSM and other adult themes) to participate in the blog hop. Check out the link to see her answers to the questions. Here are mine.

1. What are you working on now?
A novella regarding the birth of one of my goddesses and three short stories that need to be rewritten, all of which I intend to self publish. The Birth of the Silver Lady, and Rescue, The Soldier and the Lady, and The Pigeon and the Fiddler all take place in my world of Aleran. Three are precursors to my novel Marked while the fourth takes place after the novel ends.

2. How does it differ from other books in its genre?
I haven't read too many stories about how a mortal woman becomes a goddess and ends up choosing those who will become her children, so I suppose that's one way the novella differs from the other books in the genre. As for the other three stories, they're about the struggles of a man and his family as they try to cope with their ever changing world.

3. Why do you write what you do?
I write what I want to read. I write fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, urban fantasy, and really bad poetry. Now I don't necessarily want to read really bad poetry, but it sometimes helps me frame my thoughts if I restrict myself to the limitations of poetry. I love world building and delving into the lives and cultures of those characters who tell me their stories.

4. How does your writing process work?
*laughs* My writing process is chaos. I write stories, and then I go back and rewrite them. I scrap them and start over. I write multiple variations of the same story over and over again until I find the one I like. I make copious notes on the world, and then change my mind and update them as I go. I don't seem to be able to pin myself down to one idea. I finish a story and immediately want to rewrite it because it isn't perfect. Hence the reason I always have more than one WIP. I'm always writing something.

1 comment:

  1. :D I had to giggle at your process, having seen some of it over messenger :D

    ReplyDelete