A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sunday 'fess up...Anni took an internet vacation

Hey all!

Yes, I know.  It's been two weeks since my last post.  A lot has - or rather HASN'T - happened and I've been offline dealing with life.

Himself isn't in California.  Himself isn't going to California.  Himself got screwed over royally by the "friend" who offered him the job.  Himself is now unemployed, unable to get unemployment, and very upset.  I'm overstressed, overworked, and underpaid...and that's at the day job.  Let's not talk about how miserably the writing has been going.  Needless to say, things aren't going very well for us right now.

That seems par for the course, though.  We finally start getting ahead and suddenly the ground drops out from under us.  Every. Bloody. Time.  So now we're forced to take it a day at a time, pray he can find a job in this rotten economy, and trying to pay all of our bills as best as we can.

I'm trying to get my Beauty and the Beast rewrite finished but I've lost interest in it.  The writing is boring me, which means it's really bad.  I've got an idea on how to fix it but I just can't drag up enough energy to care.  But since this is going to be my first e-book I need to get it in gear and fix it all up.

Beta readers still have "Only A Name".  Had a few comments about the opening chapters already and some were even positive comments.  So now I'm waiting on everyone else to weigh in on my book.  I'm also tweaking the world building stuff for Aleran since for some reason I'm missing a rather significant chunk of my world building notes again.




No comments:

Post a Comment