A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just a short one today

Today someone posted this link on Twitter, and out of curiosity I clicked the link.

The link in question

Antibiotics, I think, will not fall completely by the wayside.  There will be a bigger push to try other remedies - maybe even *gasp* some natural remedies.  I think what the writer of the article, and many doctors and medical professionals, fails to realize is that the truth of the matter is we've overused them.

We don't need to do away with them completely.  We just need to stop handing them out like candy for every little situation.  Offer more homeopathic solutions and utilize the vast pharmacopeia that Nature provides.

Now, I'm not one of those who won't use regular medication.  It's easier for me to get the regular medication than herbal remedies right now as it is.  But I won't go to the doctor if it's not something serious, I won't take medication if it's not necessary, and I'm more likely to try to find another method before I take the meds that I'm prescribed for certain situations.

Short and sweet: antibiotics are still useful but we need to remember that they're NOT the answer/cure all for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment