A bridge over a beautiful waterfall

A bridge over a beautiful waterfall
Nature brings magic

Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend fun...YouTube learning style

So, first thing's first. I think, for as long as I've had my blog, I've referred to my husband as Himself. This isn't in any way a slight against him. This is to respect his privacy, as he once asked me to do. However, he has told me that I don't have to do that anymore. I've stopped doing it on Facebook. So I figure if I use it there, where I have a much greater reach, I can use it here. So, my husband's name is Tims.

Yes that's spelled right.

Yes, it's deliberate. It's a family name.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way..............

(Can you tell I'm in love with the period today? I promise, I'll quit now.)

(Maybe.)

Tims has been watching a lot of vidoes this weekend. Many of them are from the YouTube channel for Jamie & Adam Tested (channel found here.) If you watch Mythbusters, or have at least heard of the show, the Jamie and Adam from Tested are the same Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage. They do some neat stuff, talk about really cool things, and in general are just awesome.

I was minding my own business and listening to music when I looked up and saw something that caught my attention. My earbuds didn't go back in all weekend because not only was he watching the Tested videos. He was watching stuff about games, robotics, and engineering. It fascinates him and though I may not understand much of what's being said I find it interesting as well. He's also very good about explaining things for me.

Including what a CPU is and GPU is. That was a fun example. This video shows it Mythbusters style. (It took me three watchings and a little prompting from Tims to figure it out.)



I spent my weekend trying to write and managing a little bit. I also was doing a lot of research about random things like house buying and alarm systems for houses. Also what age are you allowed to purchase a handgun versus a rifle or a shotgun. And if stun guns are illegal in certain states or what regulations and laws there are around them.

It turns out there are a lot of different opinions on stun guns. Who knew?

Basically, most of my weekend was spent learning new things and coming up with more questions that needed to be answered. It was fun. I hope to be able to keep learning things as the week goes on. Writing will happen, but maybe in a new and different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment